Testing of IVR - Interactive Voice Response Systems
IVR (Interactive Voice Response) Systems provide a technology that automates interaction with telephone callers and are becoming more and more popular as they help to increase costs savings. Increasingly, Carriers and Enterprises are turning to IVR to reduce the cost of common sales, services, collections, inquiry and support calls to and from their company.
Common IVR applications include:
- Bank and stock account balances and transfers
- Surveys and polls
- Regular voice mail system handling
- Call center forwarding
- Simple order entry transactions
- Selective information research including movie schedules, public transportation information
Testing purposes of IVR systems cover various aspects, including:
- Does the IVR correctly recognize human voice patterns or DTMF digits sent by the caller?
- Does the IVR play the correct announcements during the interactions with the caller?
- Does the IVR correctly interwork with further "internal" devices such as an SSP (Service Switching Point) in order to correctly perform the functions requested by the caller?
- How does the IVR behave under realistic load conditions (e.g. during a tele-voting event)?
The Nexus8610 Traffic Simulation System offers a comprehensive set of features and test functionality for covering all the following aspects:
- Sending voice patterns (wave files) or DTMF digits over various interfaces and applications including IuCS, GSM-A, RTP and a wide range of PSTN flavors.
- Voice recognition for testing that announcements sent by the IVR over various interfaces and applications, including IuCS, GSM-A, RTP and a wide range of PSTN flavors, are correct.
- Testing all Features and Functionality implemented in the IVR
- Interworking testing between the interfaces simulating the callers and the interfaces simulating further internal devices, such as SSP
- Robustness and Stability testing to assure carrier-grade quality by simulating live traffic conditions
- Test Automation for 24 x 7 fully automated testing of the complete set of IVR features and functionality.
The comprehensive set of testing features and functionality makes the Nexus8610 Traffic Simulation System the most versatile test solution for IVR testing.